Monday 28 September 2009

Zorbing

I'm not usually one for anything approaching extreme sports but yesterday I went zorbing. For those of you not familiar with this, it is rolling down a hill inside a huge inflatable ball at a speed of approaching 30mph! My motivation for doing something this mad was to raise money for work and I went along with five equally unhinged people. My only concern was the possibility of being horrendously sick at the end of the roll, or worse still whilst actually inside the zorbing ball; I don't seem to have the stomach for spinning these days and feel fairly queasy at the smallest amount of rotation....but it was all for a good cause! Fortunately, I managed to escape feeling sick at all and actually really enjoyed the experience, I couldn't stop giggling! However, being harnessed inside the ball wasn't exactly what I would call comfortable- being shackled by the ankles and having to hold straps above my head made me feel like I was in some kind of torture chamber! Getting into the ball wasn't terribly dignified either- you had to launch yourself through this rather small 'tunnel' which I likened to a baby's journey down the birthing canal! I, of course, got stuck with my legs waving about mid-air; any credibility as a manager I had remaining is now gone...all gone. Worse still is that we have video footage which I am sure is going to cause great amusement at work. On a positive note though, we have hopefully raised around £1000 which isn't a bad effort at all.
If I can work out how to do it, I may post the video footage at a later date. For now, a couple of photos (not of me I hasten to add):

1 comment:

The Plashing Vole said...

There's no way you'd get me in one of those - well done.