Monday 27 December 2010

Blasts from the past

Whilst eating my lunch today I popped the television on and flicked through the channels to see what was on. Channel Five was showing the 1985 Christmas Top of the Pops so I thought that, purely out of nostalgia, I would leave it on for a bit. What did I learn?

  1. Pete Burns and Michael Jackson both clearly had way too much plastic surgery done in later years
  2. I am older than I like to think I am as I remembered every song/artist that was played (in fact I probably watched the programme when it was originally aired)
  3. 80s singers really could not mime...in fact half the time there was absolutely no evidence of a microphone either
  4. 80s backing singers and dancers were ace...pure cheese
  5. Feargal Sharkey should never have embarked on a solo career
  6. I am probably a closet 80s pop fan



The backing singers/ dancers are so cheesy

Feargal in better days

No comments: