Sunday 17 July 2011

Back to reality

It's been back to the grindstone for me today after having a week off work. A whole ten days off, over in the bat of an eyelid. It's been good though. I wouldn't say I was ready to go back to work, but I was certainly feeling a little more relaxed and refreshed than I did.....until I saw the mound of paperwork on my desk this morning. Depressing.
So what did I do with my week? Lots of walking with Barney, I went fruit-picking with my mum and then made 28 jars of strawberry jam (I was a little bored of that one by the final batch, but it tastes fab), had some retail therapy in Manchester (bargains were found!), went to a 70th birthday party and ended it all in style in the company of Voley. We went to see Harry Potter in Birmingham followed by dinner...all most enjoyable. Harry Potter was excellent, though the individuals chomping on popcorn, rustling crisp packets and opening cans of pop all rather loudly for the first half an hour were somewhat annoying; I thought at one point that Voley was going to turn green and start bursting out of his clothes! He was not amused.
I'm now counting down the days till my next week off.......

No comments: