Sunday 2 August 2009

Order order

I am the very excited owner of a new bookcase. Plashing Vole asked in his post a week or so ago how people like to organise their book collections. I have to admit I agree with his alphabetical method, with the overspill of unread books being in a totally unordered pile on the floor. However, I am in a quandary. Now that I have more book space, I am able to shelve all my children's books, which until now have been stored away in boxes...but how should I include them in my collection?- separate section (still in alphabetical order of course!) or integrated with the rest of my books?

3 comments:

Jase said...

I was about to extol the virtues of a separate section just for children's books, but having given it about 10 seconds thought, I now am in favour of integrating them with your fiction collection.

It's basically Terry Pratchett's fault for writing both adult and children's books, and you can separate books by the same author.

It's nice, by the way, that it's not just me who gets excited by these things! :)

The Plashing Vole said...

Good point - same goes for Pullman and Reeves. My suggestion was to separate books bought/read while a child, and those bought/read since.

Imaginary Friend said...

Went for your option Vole. I want some more books now!