Sunday 31 January 2010

January's over already

Thought I'd better post something before the month ends. It's not been a great month, hence my being rather quiet on here. We had to have our dog, Sam, put to sleep a couple of weeks ago so I've been feeling a little sad. He was still behaving like an overgrown puppy at the beginning of December so it has all been a bit sudden. The house just seems very empty and quiet now.

Time to look forward to the rest of the year now though. I wonder what it holds in store? My New Year's resolution is to do some different things- I rely far too much on routine, I need to be a little more spontaneous. We shall see how I do with that one!

Visited my favourite vole yesterday. Good company, good food and a couple of Archers- what more could a woman ask for?!...and it has snowed- that makes a fairly good weekend in my books. Oh, and my Father Ted box set arrived in the post along with a Philip Pullman novel.

I'll leave you with a couple of photos of Sam......

No comments: