Monday 24 May 2010

The sun has got his hat on

Good weekend? I decided that I would finally get round to painting my bathroom yesterday....on the hottest day of the year so far. I must be mad. I painted the walls and the ceiling and then gave up having nearly expired from heat exhaustion. Just the glossing left to do now...that will have to wait for my next weekend off.

I've been out in the garden today. It's still a little hot for me but not quite as oppressive as the last two days. It's been nice just being able to mooch around and relax, it's been a hectic couple of weeks and this week is going to be equally busy (except for Wednesday when I am skiving off work to go for some retail therapy with my mum and auntie, who is visiting for the week).

Next Sunday is the day of my BIG abseil. I'm more anxious about ensuring the event runs smoothly than I am about the actual abseil, though I am sure that on the day I will be a little more worried! I have a team of around 34 people taking part so I am hopeful that we should raise a significant amount of money. You can read more about the event in my previous post here and I will make sure some photos (and possibly video footage) appear next week. Wish me luck!

For now I shall leave you with some pictures of flowers (and a bumble bee!) from the garden.

No comments: