Monday 5 September 2011

Never smile at a crocodile

Well, it's been a while. How's your summer been? Mine's been busy. Now the summer holidays are over I have another week at work before a well-earned week off.

Just thought I would post a few photos taken at Chester Zoo from our trip a few weeks ago. The quality of the pictures isn't as good as I would have hoped, but fiddling with camera settings isn't the easiest thing to do when you are trying to keep track of a large group of children and teenagers!

Menacing



I could have spent ages in the butterfly house, some of the butterflies were spectacular, but unfortunately one of my ward was terrified so I had to make a speedy exit!


Waterfall in the butterfly house


Inside the bat cave, my favourite part of the zoo. I quite like the effect of this photo....if you look really closely you can actually see some bats!


I also organised a visit last week for our young people from the Animal Man. I didn't get up that morning expecting to have a boa constrictor round my neck, a tarantula in my hand and a coatimundi on my back! We had a fab morning. Only a couple of photos as all the rest have children and young people on so I can't post them.


The leopard gecko


...and the bearded dragon.

No comments: