Monday 22 June 2009

Death of the cassette tape

I have collected my new car today. I successfully managed to contain my excitement over the last week but now I am like a big kid at Christmas! I think I may just leave it on the drive to look at and commute using public transport so as to avoid dirt, scratches and dastardly children trying to climb over it (I am sure that is how my old car got a dent on its bonnet). Or maybe not.
I have also finally entered the technological world by having an integral iPod dock; no longer will I be playing compilation cassettes on my car stereo. I love my iPod but I will miss playing some of my old indie classics that were copied from 7" singles (yes, I am afraid I am a vinyl junkie). Must search around for some of them on iTunes, though I fear some may just be too obscure.
I'll leave you with a couple of photos of my Beetle.

2 comments:

Jase said...

Much excitement re. new Beatle.

Not sure if it helps, but we have a mutual friend with the appropriate equipment to transfer lovely vinyl to MP3, making all of those lovely 7" singles accessible again.

And, of course, Playlists provide the opportunity to make virtual 'mix tapes' if you want to get a bit High Fidelity!

Imaginary Friend said...

I have the equipment to transfer vinyl to MP3 too, but the quality isn't great for 7" singles.