Tuesday 2 June 2009

I'm back...

I appear to have failed to post anything new for the last week- being busy at work and not having anything particulary noteworthy to write about (with a bit of laziness thrown in for good measure) are my excuses. I am still busy at work and still have nothing of note to post but am feeling a little less lazy so I thought I would take the opportunity to have a bit of a waffle!
Having worked all weekend (not nice in all this heat, yuk) I had a day off yesterday- yes, a WHOLE day! So what did I do with myself? I thought I'd pay a visit to that hole of a town called Hanley. Not the most pleasant of locations, but it does have book shops. I managed to buy four books and only spend 95p which I thought was a success- three novels by Kazuo Ishiguro (they were on offer!) and a David Lodge novel. Thank you Adam for the book tokens! I also have the latest Sarah Waters novel on its way to me in the post so, all in all, a good book week.
My real purpose for going out was actually to get my passport photos done. Well, that was fun, especially for someone who hates having their photo taken. At least I can send off for my passport now, and hope that it arrives by September!

No comments: