Wednesday 21 April 2010

I'm getting old

I ought to feel bad that I am having a week of relaxation whilst most of you have your nose to the grindstone, but I don't. Sorry. It was my birthday at the weekend afterall, so I think I deserve some time off. It's not easy turning 35...I am now closer to 40 than I am 30 which is all a little scary, though fortunately I still feel 21 (most of the time!) so can't grumble. Must find myself a husband at some point I guess, time is ticking on.

So what have I been doing with my time off work? Not too much which is good, sometimes it is nice to be able to mooch around and allow the batteries to recharge. Had my friends over to celebrate my birthday at the weekend- food, alcohol and sophisticated (?) company...what more could one ask for? Today has been retail therapy in Manchester with my mum, always a priority when I am on annual leave. Disappointingly I failed to come home with much but a pleasant day all the same. Yesterday I met up with Voley for an evening in Birmingham which was excellent- we went to a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner which was delicious though I made that age old mistake of having a starter (they are just so tempting) and then ended up not managing to finish my main course...diet starts tomorrow (especially after the huge chocolate tiffin biscuit I had today!).

The rest of the week I think will be devoted to a little decorating. I have been procrastinating over it for ages and now I have run out of excuses. The bathroom and a couple of windows need painting and then I need to put up some new curtain poles. Not my favourite pastime but I am looking forward to putting up my new curtains and having my new downstairs lights fitted. Other than that I have very little planned. Hopefully weekend will bring some entertainment.

No comments: