Monday 7 December 2009

Another of those strange weeks

Last week was hectic. I am just drawing breath now. The first part of the week was spent setting up for our annual fundraising Variety Show, so amidst my usual day-to-day duties of managing a charity, I was putting together staging and scenery and even turned my hand to setting up the sound system. I want a T-shirt that says 'Stage Crew' on the back.
We then had two evenings of the show. I must say it all went very smoothly, not a single hitch this year (last year we had to do the second night minus a guitarist in the house band after he very inconsiderately slipped on ice on his way to work and dislocated his shoulder), and the audience was packed. The stars of the show were, as always, our children and young people- I wish I had half the confidence to get up on stage as they do, they were absolutely fantastic. We raised just over £1200 so it was a success all round.
The day after the second night's performance I was in work, bright and breezy, to conduct interviews for new staff members. OK, so I wasn't exactly bright and breezy...I felt more like I had a hangover but without the pleasure of getting drunk first. I can't cope with late nights at work followed by early mornings. Fortunately, the standard of our interview candidates was exceptionally high, which somewhat lifted my spirits- I think if we had had a bad round of interviews I was probably in danger of falling asleep through half of them.
An enjoyable week in general, but by the end of Friday I was certainly ready for the weekend.

No comments: