Friday 11 December 2009

Cinderella is going to the ball

...after I have scrubbed the hearth and done the hoovering anyway. I have the dress, I have the shoes (I thought glass slippers may be a little dangerous, so I have sparkly sandals with killer heels instead), I have the carriage...just need a Prince Charming now!
It's our Charity Ball tomorrow evening at the Britannia Stadium, home of Stoke City FC. Stoke will be playing at home (so I am told) so I'm hoping they win or we may have one or two bears with sore heads. On the other hand, if they lose, sorrows may be drowned in copious amounts of alcohol and from past experience, drunken ball-goers equals more money raised.
Here's hoping it will be a good night. I am being accompanied by Voley- I'm looking forward to seeing him in his DJ! Just hope I can get rid of this awful cough.

No comments: