Monday 7 December 2009

Christmas starts here...

...well, I suppose it actually started at our Variety Show considering the number of Christmas songs that were performed, but my first Christmas 'do' was on Saturday. We went out for our staff Christmas meal, and what a civilised affair that was. All I can say is that it was a good job we had the whole upstairs of the restaurant to ourselves. Much alcohol was consumed (more by some than others- I must say I was just nicely tipsy, thus avoiding the inevitable hangover the next day) and presents were exchanged. The highlight of the evening is always our Secret Santa competition. Usually, Secret Santa is about the present that you give, but not with us- we compete to see who can come up with the best wrapping, and we have had some fantastic creations over the years. It does get exceedingly competitive though and when it comes to judging the winner it has been known for waiters to be bribed and flirted with! I didn't win this year, must try harder next year.

No comments: