Wednesday 8 July 2009

Identify me

I have to go for my passport identity interview tomorrow. I have managed so far to go my whole adult life without venturing out of the country, but am due to visit Barcelona with my friends in September. I thought that having my passport photos taken was traumatic enough, but now I have to undergo a half hour grilling to prove I am who I say I am. The bizarre thing is that I don't have to take anything with me- no driving licence, no utility bills etc- so I am slightly unsure how they are planning to prove my identity. We shall see tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jase said...

How very strange. Do I now have to do this to renew mine in the future or am I kosher because I applied for mine 9 years ago? I'm pretty sure that, as a member of the EU, you have a right to travel anywhere in the Union anyway, so I'm not sure it's the sort of interview where you don't get the job...