Sunday 26 July 2009

Worst ever chat-up lines

I went to put petrol in my car yesterday on my way home from work- not a time or place I would expect to be chatted up. I must have looked like I had been drawn through a hedge backwards and was wearing my not so attractive work clothes, yet the guy behind the till still felt I was worthy of his rather poor chat-up lines.
Him: "Hello, how are you?"
Me: "Fine thank you, and yourself?"
Him: "Very well. Very well now that I have seen you. Yes, very well now that I have seen you."
At this point he leans forward to read the logo on my T-shirt and I start inwardly cringing. He makes another couple of random comments and I am willing my card transaction to speed up. Then, "Are you married?". WHAT?! Fortunately he was just in the process of handing back my card, so I just looked at him rather stunned, said thank you and walked out, leaving him starting to say something else- I just dread to think what!

3 comments:

The Plashing Vole said...

You've got to admire a man who falls for you so heavily that he takes his chances. Haven't you? Perhaps not.

Sorry I missed your call yesterday - I was in the bath! Will call you tomorrow.

Jase said...

Of course, you're missing the key point...was he hot?! :)

Imaginary Friend said...

NO!!!!