Tuesday 14 July 2009

It's good to be back...not

Well, it's been back to work for me today after my annual leave. I can't believe the amount of paperwork that was covering my desk this morning- ridiculous. I think I've done the equivalent of a week's work in one day- I need a holiday!
I've been shortlisting job applicants this afternoon. It was SO depressing. I know that people are desperate to find jobs at the moment, but it is really frustrating when three quarters of your applicants don't even meet the minimum requirements for the post. I was amused by the applicant whose job history included being Santa on more than one occasion- he stated the reason for leaving this job as 'seasonal work'! Well, I never would have guessed. As much as it would very useful for us to have our own professional Santa, I am afraid to say he won't be gaining an interview. Finally managed to shortlist eight for interview, so have that excitement to look forward to next week- I love interviewing!

No comments: